The certification programs explained below are intended for strategy professionals seeking to enhance their employability through formal recognition of their skills, and strategy consultants aiming to deliver more value to their prospective clients by gaining expertise in automation software for strategy planning and execution.
BSC Designer® Specialist Certification
The Specialist Certification program is designed to formally assess the skills of participants in using BSC Designer software in the application to the strategic planning domain.
The certification program is based on the analysis of the participant-created prototype of strategy scorecards, developed in accordance with the requirements and validation criteria detailed below.
- At least 3 stakeholders are defined.
To define factors, add Initiatives of the relevant type (rationale, success factor, or expected outcome).
- At least 3 factors defined.
- At least 2 levels of sub-goals are defined (perspective, goal level 1, goal level 2)
- Risks are defined for at least 30% of level 2 goals
- KPIs are defined for at least 50% of level 2 goals
- Stakeholders are assigned to the goals
- There are leading indicators among KPIs (Context > Indicator Type > Leading)
- Initiatives are defined for at least 50% of level 2 goals
- 100% quality score according to the automatic quality score check
- At least 1 weighted index (includes sub-indicators with different weights; example: “weighted risk index“)
- At least 1 indicator with quarterly update interval
- At least 1 indicator with target values planned for each month of the year using target planning function
- At least 1 indicator calculated using the values of other indicators
- At least 1 indicator with a customized performance formula
- 100% quality score according to the automatic quality check
- Existence of a custom map
- Use of text objects on the custom map
- Use of goals on the custom map
- Existence of a gauge chart for some KPIs
- Existence of an initiatives diagram
- Existence of a diagram with goals
- Existence of a Gantt diagram for all initiatives of the scorecard
- Existence of a Time diagram for at least 1 indicator
- Generate a report using “Strategic Plan” reporting profile (present a PDF report)
- Have a “Strategic Plan” report scheduled in your account (present a screenshot)
- Export and present a copy of the strategy map (Strategy map tab > Properties > Export)
- Export and present a copy of the dashboard (Dashboard tab > Properties > Export)
- Find the worst-performing indicators with Analysis function (present a screenshot)
- Scorecards connected by a normalized goal (present a screenshot)
- Scorecards connected by perspectives (present a screenshot)
- The certification program is designed for individual participants and requires a unique prototype built by the participant. Prototypes built by a team are not eligible for certification.
- The BSC Designer Specialist Certificate is issued in PDF format upon successful completion of the certification.
- Participants of the certification can contact customer service with their questions and arrange a live call with our team to resolve doubts.
- Certificate validity period: 5 years.
- Normal fee: $199.00 per participant. For users without a business plan subscription.
- Reduced fee: $99.00 per participant. For users with an active business plan subscription.
Contact customer support for a reduced fee for users with an active business plan.
Important: The ‘normal’ registration fee includes a one-month business plan subscription for one participant. Please plan the start date accordingly.
BSC Designer® Partner Certification
With partnership certification, we are helping strategy consultants provide additional value to their clients by automating strategy planning and execution with BSC Designer.
The benefits of being certified as a BSC Designer Partner include:
- Permission to use the “certified partner” logo
- Permission to use graphical materials by BSC Designer
- Revenue sharing, based on a 15% discovery fee
- Assistance with preparing a sales website
- Assistance in resolving client queries
The learning part of the certification is focused on:
- Using a prototype of the strategy scorecard to attract potential leads
- “Selling” the idea of strategy automation to potential clients
- Obtaining necessary knowledge to answer pre-sale questions
- Participants must possess a valid BSC Designer Specialist certification to enroll.
- Support: dedicated partners manager.
- Certificate validity period: 1 year.
- Normal fee: $849.00 per participant. The certification fee is waived if the attendee has an active annual subscription to BSC Designer or consults clients with an active annual subscription.