Reports in BSC Designer Online
BSC Designer provides various visualization and reporting means.
Video tutorial: Creating Performance Reports
Generate a report for the scorecard project
To generate a report please follow these steps:
1. Open a scorecard
2. Select "Report" menu and select one of the options:
- Export to HTML - a report with all the details about your KPIs and their performance
- Export to Excel - a live (with formulas and calcualtions) copy of the KPIs from your project presented in MS Excel
- Goals and KPIs Report
- Cost of Strategy - a summary of all initiatives with budget and duration data
- Efforts vs. Results - a report with leading and lagging data
- Action Plan - a report with goals, initiatives, and persons responsible
- Customize - use this option to create your own reports.
3. Follow the link to open a generated report.
Any HTML report can be converted into an Adobe PDF document using any of free PDF printers available.
Charts in BSC Designer Online
To access charts and diagrams in BSC Designer Online open a scorecard, go to the KPIs tab and select any container or indicator. The chart element is displayed on the right.
Besides having a chart you have several drop lists.
- Group by has two drop lists that define information reporting interval (by day, by month, etc.) and summary type (average, sum, etc.)
- Chart type - select the chart that you want to display right now
- Leading/lagging - select to display leading or lagging part of the data (avaliable for containers only).
Details about Charts and diagrams
BSC Designer Online supports several types of chart.
- Time chart. The chart shows how the value of the KPI changes over the time. On the chart, the baseline and target values are displayed as well.
- Gauge diagram. Displays the values of the KPI for the date selected in the calendar. The baseline and target values are displayed as well.
- Optimization. Refers to the formula that is used to calculate the performance.
- Performance and Progress. These charts show how the performance and progress value for the selected KPI are changing over a period of time.
- Pie. A Pie diagram is useful when you need to compare the performance of several KPIs in one container or in several top container.
- Values. Values table shows a date and respective KPI value for these dates.
- Weight. This chart shows weights of all KPIs within a selected container.