Initiatives for the KPIs and Business Goals
Learn how to align initiatives (action plans), persons responsible, budgets with KPIs and business goals in BSC Designer.
In the list of KPIs, there is a column Initiatives. Click on the button in this column to access initiatives for the KPI.
Learn more about the role of the initiatives in strategic planning.
Initiatives have the following properties:
- Name of the initiative.
- Description of the initiative.
- Document list with the links to the detailed action plans.
- Owner of the initiative.
- Type of the item, such as "initiative", "success factor", "expected outcome", "rationale", or "hypothesis."
- Status of the initiative (statuses can be configured on the Workflow tab in the account Settings).
- Aligned KPI that indicates the progress of the initiative.
- Timeline for the initiative (is used on dashboard charts).
- Depends on defines the dependency on another initiatives (is used on the Gantt charts).
- Context is the parent item of the initiative, use move button to move initiative to another item.
- Budget assigned to the initiative.
- Currency of the budget (currencies can be configured on the Organization > Currencies tab in the account Settings).
- Actual expense.
- Variance (the difference) between the budget and the actual.
- Duration of the initiative.
- Earned Value = Total Budget * Progress, %
- Cost Variance = Earned Value - Budget Actual