How to create a Balanced Scorecard? How to find the best performance indicators? What is the best approach to strategy cascading? Join our free strategic planning course to get started with a disciplined approach to strategy.
- Free email course
- New lesson every day
- Detailed review of the topics
- Video lessons
What will I learn?
- Lesson 1. Strategic Planning Process
- Lesson 2. Mission, Vision, Values, Priorities
- Lesson 3. Business Frameworks Overview
- Lesson 4. Balanced Scorecard and Strategy Maps
- Lesson 5. KPIs
- Lesson 6. Cascading
Lesson 1. Strategic Planning Process
In this lesson we’ll discuss the 5 typical steps of a strategic planning process:
- 1. Mission Definition
- 2. Formulating Strategy
- 3. Strategy Description
- 4. Strategy Cascading
- 5. Strategy Execution
Lesson 2. Mission, Vision, Values, Priorities
Let’s start strategic planning with high-level ideas, such as:
- Strategic themes (or priorities)
Lesson 3. Business Frameworks Overview
There are various business frameworks that can help us to look at strategy from different perspectives. Let’s review:
- Gap Analysis
- Risk Management
- Constraints Analysis
Lesson 4. Balanced Scorecard and Strategy Maps
In this lesson, we’ll discuss how to map strategic hypothesis on the strategy map and prepare strategy for execution.
- Four perspectives
- Strategic vs. operational goals
- Cause-and-effect logic
- Key Performance Indicators
Lesson 5. KPIs
Performance indicators help to make the goals more specific and tangible. Learn best practice approaches for KPIs.
- How to find winning KPIs
- The list of typical KPIs
- Leading and lagging indicators
Lesson 6. Cascading
Learn how to translate the top-level strategy to the business units and individuals.
- What is strategy cascading?
- Different ways to organize cascading
- Using the OKR framework for tracking team and individual goals
Feel free to join this free training course for strategic planning. If you are looking for a more personalized experience, check out our BSC Step by Step training.