Get trained on strategy scorecards and KPIs – build a prototype of Balanced Scorecard for your business.
Building BSC Step by Step is an online training that helps business professionals to define their strategy, describe it on a strategy map, make it measurable with performance indicators, and communicate it across their company. The training includes a pack of 3 products:
Theory of the Balanced Scorecard framework + Prototype of a Balanced Scorecard.
Sort out the ideas about KPIs. Learn to find the best ones.
Master the automation of the Balanced Scorecard with BSC Designer software.
How the Training is Organized
The training is organized 100% online:
- Training area online. After signing up with the training, trainee will have access to the online training area.
- Training materials. Trainees have immediate access to all training materials (including “locked” ones).
- Training process. Trainees have 1 week to watch training videos of the theoretical and practical parts and do a homework task.
- Homework task review. Trainer reviews homework task, send his/her feedback, and opens the next block of the training.
- Certification. When trainees are finished with all blocks, trainer will issue a training completion certificate.
Who Should Attend the Training
We invite those members of the team that are normally involved in strategy discussion in your organization to join the training:
- CEO, strategist
- Key members of each business unit
- Business and strategy consultants
- IT and HR specialists
- Specialists in performance measurement
- Quality assurance professionals
Training 1. Balanced Scorecard Step-by-Step
Let’s take a closer look at the program for the training.
Formulating and describing strategy
- Analyzing business challenges
- Finding the best strategy
- Perspectives of the Balanced Scorecard
- Strategic themes
- Creating a strategy map with business goals
Tracking strategy execution with KPIs
- Choosing the best leading and lagging indicators for your project
- Building a scorecard with various types of indicators
Cascading/alignment of the strategy
- Best practice about how to organize the discussion around the strategy
- Cascading scorecards by business goals
- Linking and aggregating indicator’s values
Implementing business scorecard
- Employees buy-in and accountability
- Implementing BSC into the business systems
- Balanced Scorecard checklist
- Communicating strategy to your team
Here are some key take-aways of the training:
- Improved ability to formulate and describe company’s strategy
- More effective discussion around strategy using a strategy map
- Achieving accountability and agreement about the goals by using performance metrics
Training 2. Key Performance Indicators
Performance measurement is needed in any organization. Proper KPIs help to focus business efforts on what matters, control costs, and share common vision across company.Join KPI Training and Certification by BSC Designer team, and get access to the time-proven system for KPIs.
The training includes 3 blocks:
Block 1. KPIs Essentials
- Why does one need a measurement system? (video; 5:29)
- Understanding: quantification, measures, metrics, and KPIs (video; 15:08)
- The link between KPIs, Key Success Factors, business goals, strategy (video; 7:33)
- Is “…” a good goal? (video; 14:21)
- Leading indicators vs. lagging indicators (video; 18:54)
- Performance Indicators vs. Risk Indicators (video; 5:54)
- KPI weight: relative importance of KPIs (video; 15:17)
- Scorecard cascading (video; 18:13)
Block 2: KPIs Step-by-Step System
- Defining business context
- Finding “inputs” and “outputs”
- Dividing “activities” and “results”
- Finding success factors
- Measurable by design
- Controlled experiments
- Finding bottlenecks
- Measuring strategic goals
- Formal description
- Visualization and automation
Block 3: Building a performance measurement culture
- Typical cultural challenges with KPIs
- Managing by KPIs and reporting by KPIs
- KPIs in the red zone
- Organizing and cascading scorecards
- A detailed knowledge base that covers KPIs best practices. Anytime after the training you can get back to the training videos and refresh your knowledge on the specific topic
- Time-proven system to find best KPIs that are right for your business.
- Templates that you can re-use to formulate new KPIs
- Improvement checklists to do a self-review of your KPIs and your KPI culture
- Certificate by BSC Designer, a recognized authority in KPIs/Balanced Scorecard area
The certification exam is conducted in the format of an online test. From a pool of cases we take 45 random questions. A participant has 60 minutes to answer all the questions. A pass level for the exam is 75% of the correct answers.
In a case of successful test the participant will receive a certificate in PDF format. A certificate will also be mailed to the mail address of the participant.
Training 3. BSC Designer Specialist Training and Certification
BSC Designer Specialist Training is an online training program that helps business professionals:
- Achieve proficiency in professional software for strategy scorecards
- Get certified as a BSC Designer Specialist
- Become a certified BSC Designer partner
Why BSC Designer Training
BSC Designer is recognized by many business professionals all over the world. We see an increasing demand for specialists familiar with our product that can help a local company to:
- Set up KPIs
- Move existing KPIs from Excel to automation software
- Create professional strategy maps
- Build strategy scorecards
Sign Up – Pack of 3 Training Products
- Online training area
- By email
- Online training area
- Email / Web meeting
- 2 full days or 8 training sessions 1.5 hours each
- Training on client's site (travel costs not included)