Get Started Using Free Balanced Scorecard Templates
Use free Balanced Scorecard templates available in BSC Designer as a starting point for a new scorecard with KPIs and strategy maps.
How to Use a Balanced Scorecard Template
Here are the steps to use a Balanced Scorecard template.
- Log into your account. If you don't have one, create a free account
- Click the New Scorecard button
- Select a template from the More templates... list
Review and Customize a Template
The template is now in your account. Now it's time to review what you have and customize it according to your needs.
- Go to > My Scorecards section and click on the scorecard to open it, wait until BSC Designer loads all the data
- You will see the interface of BSC Designer and its main toolbar:
- Click on the KPIs tab to review the KPIs that exist in the scorecard; with this tab you can:
- Modify existing KPIs or create new ones
- Enter performance data into the KPIs
- Align initiatives with KPIs
- Create a link to the KPIs in other scorecards
- Learn more about working with KPIs.
- You can see a "big picture" of your business strategy
- Business goals, KPIs, initiatives, and the cause-and-effect logic is represented visually
- Learn more about working with Strategy Maps.