Manage Power and View-Only Users in BSC Designer Online
Involve members of your team in strategy planning and execution. Learn the difference between Power and View-only users.
To add additional users to an account:
- Go to the > Users section
- Click the Add user button
- Enter required details:
- Press Save button
Alternatively, send out the Invite link to the users so that they can self-register under their company's account.
Power and View-only Users
An administrator can add additional Power or View-Only users to the BSC Designer account:
- Power users can access and modify scorecards, enter new data into KPIs, while
- View-Only users can only view data that was already entered by other users and access dashboards and strategy maps that already exist in the scorecard.
The number of power users depends on the subscription that was bought. Check out the number of power users allowed in your account in Subscription section.
An account administrator can adjust access rights of the power users using additional options:
Access rights can be further customized using Sharing function.
- Restrict user rights to data input only (power user will be able to change the Value field of the indicator only)
- Allow change of the historical values (more settings available via > Settings > Workflow > Historical data)
Security regulations in some companies require the software to log the activity of all users. BSC Designer Online allows the administrator to turn logging function on:
- Go to the Users section
- Click the Audit trail button
- Click the Settings button
- Select events that you need to log and click Enable logs
- The logs will be displayed in the Logs section