Automate KPIs Data Entry with RESTful API
Automate data reading and writing for KPIs with RESTful API. Automate access to your data for third party business tools.
- Documentation. The documentation for the API calls is available here.
- Webhooks. Alerts in BSC Designer can be configured to send out webhooks.
- Limitations. An account has a limit of 100 API calls per hour per power user.
Find below some instructions that will help to get started.
API calls will require API key or a temporary authorization token.
To create a new API key follow these steps:
- Go to the Settings section
- Switch to the Integrations tab
- Click on the Add API Key button
Use obtained API key parameter in the headers of all other calls to the API:
POST /rest/login HTTP/1.1
Getting IDs for Scorecard and KPI
API calls related to the KPI require the ID of the scorecard and the GUID of the KPI.
Getting Scorecard ID
Scorecard ID can be found using API call or manually. To find Scorecard ID manually:
- Go to the My scorecards section
- Open the target scorecard
- The URL of the scorecard will be something like this: https://www.webbsc.com/s/123456
- The number at the end is the ID of the scorecard
Getting KPI GUID
KPI GUID can be found using API call or manually. To find GUID manually:
- Open scorecard
- Select Tools > Export indicator values
- Follow the steps to get to the Preview export results page
- GUID column in the preview table will contain the GUID of the KPI
Writing and Reading Value Using API
Use KPI Value Controller to write and read data for the KPIs.
- Remember to use token in the header of the requests
- Dates should be in the yyyy-MM-dd format (for example "2017-06-30")
- Data is sent and received in JSON format
- To optimize call numbers use batch calls
- To read grouped, calculated, or inherited values use Grouped Values Controller
Check out the php example of using API.