Start strategy scorecard for your organization: 1 hour training video + 5 follow-up questions
Step by Step
Get trained on strategy scorecards and KPIs – build a prototype of Balanced Scorecard for your business
by BSC Designer
BSC Step by Step + training sessions via online meetings or on client’s site
Conference talks and workshops
BSC Designer participates in the professional conferences where we normally run some tutorial classes. Find below information about upcoming events. BSC Designer team will be happy to meet with you and help with strategy scorecards and KPIs.
- [Tutorial] “Preventive quality metrics.” Software Quality Days. January 17th to 20th, 2018, Vienna, Austria.
- [Talk] “20 ideas to improve your quality measurement system.” Software Quality Days. January 17th to 20th, 2018, Vienna, Austria.
- [Tutorial] “Innovative environment – how to measure its performance and prioritize innovative efforts.” OOP week: Feb 5 – 9, 2018, München, Germany.
- [Tutorial] “Performance Measurement for an Agile Organization.” Agilia Conference 2018, 9-13 April, 2018, Olomouc, Czech Republic.
Contact us if you want to meet up at one of these events.
- [Tool session] “Communicate strategy more effectively and engage workforce in company objectives.” 22nd Annual SCIP European Summit.
Questions and answers
Below we answer some typical questions about our training.
Q: Do you teach “Business,” “Strategy,” or “Balanced” Scorecard?
Ted Levitt once said:
- People don’t buy a quarter-inch drill bit, they buy a quarter-inch hole.
Regarding scorecards I would say:
People don’t need Scorecard, they need a way to describe their complex strategies, communicate and then execute them.
For this very reason, in our training we are not locked to the Balanced Scorecard concept. It gives a lot of meaningful ideas about strategy description, but we can also learn a lot from other frameworks, like for example 7-S or Hoshin Kanri. For some companies, simpler approaches work much better than complex ones.
Q: Why training with BSC Designer? What makes you special?
We have a strong practical background in the topic:
- We have helped companies all over the world to solve their management and measurement-related problems with scorecards. Check out the case study section to get an idea about who our customers are and what kind of problems they have solved.
- We are authors of “BSC Designer” software for the business scorecard. That’s why during the training we are not talking about abstract theory, and we are always trying to show how it works in practice. Still, we don’t insist on the usage of our software.
- We have our own KPIs library, as well as a solid experience with designing KPIs that work.
- Our trainers wrote books on the topic of Balanced Scorecard, KPIs (check out the latest one), their articles were seen on Forbes, and industry specific strategy magazines. You might have heard them speaking about the strategy at professional conferences.
Q: Do you work with MBA programs?
According to the research, the toolkit of the most successful executives includes business scorecards. This explains a strong interest from the part of MBA students in modern strategy execution frameworks. The MBA class room is something special for us. On the one hand, we need to teach the theory of the concept; on the other hand, we want to share some practical experience.
To achieve these two goals, we use examples of real business scorecards, like those that companies use.
After “playing” with those scorecards, students became really enthusiastic about the Business Scorecard approach, and we believe that our first goal was successfully achieved in this case.
Q: Why should I choose your training?
There are various training/certification programs for the Business/Balanced Scorecard/KPIs available on the market. Most of them suggest an excellent value and are taught by experienced lecturers. We are different, as we focus our training on practice. It’s like riding a bicycle:
You can hire the Olympic champion to teach you; you can read many books on the topic (yes, there are such books!), or visit expensive training, but the most important thing is that you start trying to ride.
For our training, we don’t hire Olympic champions, but we help you to try all the ideas that we teach as soon as possible.
Q: How can I get trained in BSC Designer software?
You can start with free online lessons for BSC Designer product. After this you can do a “BSC Designer Specialist” training, which is a part of “Balanced Scorecard Step by Step.”
Q: Do you have free training?
We are doing free webinars regularly. Check out the webinar program and watch the recording of the previous webinars.
Do you have any other questions? Feel free to send us a question via the contact form.