Link KPI Value to Certain Cell in Excel File
BSC Designer allows you to link KPI value to the certain cell
value in Excel file:
- Go to the "KPIs" tab in BSC Designer and select KPI that
you want to link
- Click "Data Source" button next to "Value" field
- Select "Link to MS Excel"
- Select Excel file to import from
- Select below the way you want BSC Designer to use to
understand where the cell is located
There are several options suggested:
- "Named range".
The most reliable one, but in your Excel file you need to select
certain cell and mark it as a named range (check MS Excel manual for
- "Fixed address".
In this case you will be able to select certain spreadsheet and then
select certain cell. The problem with this method is that if you will
add any column or line that will change the position of source cell,
the imported data will be incorrect
- "Near cell with indicator name". If the name of your indicator is
"New indicator 1" and in Excel file there is a cell "New indicator 1"
and another cell next to it with necessary value, you can use text "New
indicator 1" as a reference to find necessary value
- "Near cell with custom descriptor". The same idea as for "near cell
with indicator name", but here you can specify any custom text, not
just indicator name
Important notes about importing value from Excel in this way:
- The value is imported in the currently selected Time point. If you have
selected in the Calendar current date the value will be imported for
the current date;
- Each time you select "Tool" > "Update imported
indicator" the latest value will be imported from Excel. If new time
point is selected the new value will be imported into the new time